RFP : Inbound (British Columbia) Travel Trade Research & Recovery Project
To assess and build capacity for inbound tourism products for an established BC based Tour Operator that focuses on natural history, cultural and active adventures in Canada and Globally. www.toursexplore.com
The focus of this project will be on two to three regions in British Columbia, and may extend to assessment of tourism products in other regions in Western or Northern Canada (MB, SK, AB, YK, NWT).
Background of business and project
We are a licensed Travel Agency (BC Reg #3401) with 30 years travelling and customizing trips to all seven continents and have established a solid network of committed travel professionals around the globe. We have a passion for wildlife, natural and cultural heritage, adventure (trekking, hiking, cycling & paddling) and ecotourism. We believe in low-impact travel in the environments we connect with, and meaningful exchanges with the communities we work with.
Due to impacts of COVID-19, we are faced with the task of planning for a tourism future that is radically changed. We would like to match market-ready Western Canadian tourism products and services with domestic and international travellers. The successful candidate will work with the Company owner and any of their colleagues in the capacity of tourism product development and marketing.
Scope of the project
* To assess inbound tourism products for a domestic and International market in a COVID-19 recovery environment (rapid assessment product & market research). This project can be completed at home / virtually.
* To enhance the company’s inbound product portfolio through connecting with and screening established and reliable product and market ready tourism businesses in British Columbia and Western Canada.
Project timeline & Budget
The contract will take place between June 15 to September 8, 2020 (12 weeks). A budget of $ 6,500 is provided (approx. 25 - 30 hours per week X $ 20 per hour).
Technical requirements of the project
The contractor will have knowledge of British Columbia Destination Development, Travel Trade familiarity, excellent communication skills, excellent report writing skills, and be proficient in data capture through excel or equivalent. The contractor must have familiarity with websites, Facebook profiles, and digital communications. Familiarity with Tourism Associations is an asset.
Preference will be given to Candidates who are current or former Royal Roads students (Undergraduate or Graduate). Provide examples of two current projects in Tourism that are relevant to this request.
RFP submission deadline
Date for submission of project bid is June 1, 2020.
- Send cover letter and resume that illustrates your abilities within the scope and goals of the project.
2. Include at least two samples of past project work
3. Include a preliminary timeline of your ability to work on this project remotely
4. Include your contact information